By David Sinish
Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons not to wait: holiday time
- Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
- Purchasers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at national listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
6. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
What properties are FOR SALE in Canton, as of December1, 2016?
- There are 44 homes listed, 13 lots or houses being built, for a total of 57. As of November 1, 2016 there were 70 total listings (58 and 12). A year ago there were 63 (51 and 12).
Price range Number
<2 K 1
These statistics are based on information provided to and compiled by the Connecticut Multiple Listings Service, Inc. thru December 1, 2016.
David Sinish is a Realtor® with the Realty Works Group of William Raveis Real Estate located at 200 West Main Street in Avon. He is very willing to provide assistance with your general real estate questions, or with buying or selling your home.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 860-922-6170 or go to David.Sinish@Raveis.com